If you are a veteran who feels there are significant obstacles keeping you from obtaining sustainable employment, we are here to help. OhioMeansJobs | Vinton County is currently working with a number of employers who are interested in helping veterans like you get back to work. Please call or visit our workforce development center and identity yourself as a veteran.
The goal of the State Veterans’ Program is to eliminate unemployment and underemployment among Ohio’s veteran population. To meet this goal, Local Veterans Employment Representatives and Disabled Veterans Outreach Program Specialists across the State provide Intensive Services for veterans with employment barriers. We also assist businesses with their workforce needs and provide or facilitate employment and placement services to ensure that eligible veterans receive maximum employment and training opportunities. By developing policies and implementing programs, the State Veterans’ Program increases opportunities for veterans to obtain employment and participate in job-training programs.
Priority of Service
Another important responsibility of the State Veterans’ Program is to ensure that veterans are treated with courtesy and respect at all OhioMeansJobs Centers across the State and are given Priority of Service in referrals to job openings and other services.
Services to Employers
Local Veterans Employment Representatives at OhioMeansJobs | Vinton County develop hiring opportunities within the local community by promoting the benefits of hiring eligible veterans. Their primary role is employer outreach on behalf of veterans. That outreach includes:
- Working with other service organizations to promote the advantages of hiring veterans to employers and employer groups
- Marketing job-seeking veterans as individuals who have highly marketable skills and experience
- Advocating for veterans with business, industry and other community-based organizations
- Job development efforts to increase job opportunities for veterans through direct employer contact
- Planning and participating in job and career fairs